CAST is the market leader in Software Intelligence. Its unique technology thoroughly examines the structure of complex software systems, with MRI-like precision. It delivers accurate, actionable, and automated views of software architecture, critical flaws, quality grades, sizing metrics, open source usage, and cloud readiness levels. Hundreds of companies rely on CAST for greater objectivity in crucial business decisions, faster application modernization for Cloud, raising the quality and security of their custom software. CAST operates globally with offices in North America, Europe, India, China.
You are first and foremost a well-established expert in Mainframe. You are currently a senior technical architect with a mission to assist application teams to develop better software. You help these teams to adopt latest development practices, to prepare application stacks for fast future evolution and for performance, you help them to drive transition to microservices and to avoid security breaches.
If you are indeed doing all of this, then CAST needs you. CAST customers need you.
At CAST you will:
- Use CAST technology insights along with your experience to advise highly visible software engineering teams at our top customers
- Accelerate transformation of maintenance and development practices at our customer, towards modern patterns, and towards forward-thinking design
- Spread the right behaviors and influence top visible projects at Fortune 1000 companies, for their most critical systems, under C-level visibility
- Work with Mainframe development teams, in many different organizations, enabling and enriching their Mainframe software
- Become a recognized market expert on Mainframe, with your contribution and signature on blogs, papers and publications
Your typical job duties:
- Interpret CAST technology outputs when analyzing software system, overlaying it with your technology vision to extract the most meaningful and impactful insights
- Convert key findings into immediate recovery actions to avoid major security breaches and to avoid major risks
- Make recommendations to change behavior, mainly for Mainframe development practices
- Run workshops with your technical architect peers at our customers to move forward with modernization initiatives and help them to transition their Mainframe applications distributed technologies and to the cloud and to Microservices
- Present and explain CAST findings and action plans to various stakeholders, including development teams, project managers, software architects, Development/QA managers
- Keep yourself up to date on latest trends in Mainframe practices and reflect this in your recommendations to customers
- Publish technical blogs on Mainframe technologies, patterns, and technical architecture designs
- 10+ year experience in Mainframe development
- Extensive knowledge on various Mainframe technologies
- Successfully driven Mainframe technical improvements in terms of practices and coding, for critical systems
- Very good communication skills
- Willingness to evangelize your experience across many customers and influence the world of Mainframe development with your experience
- A master’s degree in Computer Science
Join Us as a Senior Mainframe Architect. Position is open in NYC.
Apply for this opening