CAST Software is revolutionizing the way companies like SONY, Boeing, AT&T and BMW develop state of the art, stable and secure software, improving and protecting businesses and brands worldwide. CIOs across the globe depend on Software Intelligence from CAST to measure the health of their applications, uncover major security risks, and drive digital transformation with confidence. Software engineers use CAST software blueprints to gain critical insight into complex software, avoid and remediate structural flaws, and design modern architecture for legacy applications. With over 400 customers worldwide and growing, our team is ready to expand.
As a key member of the Management team, the Corporate Counsel, Software Licensing, plays an important role in ensuring adherence to CAST’s key terms and requirements for contracts with Clients/Partners as well as in protecting CAST’s interests.
Brian Herrin, CFO North America
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks worldwide:
- Create, maintain, monitor, and improve templates for Client/Partner contracts (e.g. Master Software License & Support Agreement, Channel Partner Agreement, NDA, CAST Highlight SaaS Services Agreement) for the Group.
- Prepare and/or review contracts of CAST’s existing and prospective Clients/Partners, in the U.S, and for other CAST affiliates.
- Enforce adherence to CAST legal requirements in our licenses (and other contracts) with customers in the U.S. and at worldwide CAST Affiliates.
- Provide clarification on Client/Partner language as needed for CAST personnel.
- Negotiate, or provide guidance for negotiating, contract terms and conditions with Procurement and Legal Departments of CAST’s existing and prospective Clients/Partners.
- Stay informed on current and to-be-released products to ensure appropriate product descriptions and legal terms are included in contracts.
- Maintain and improve compliance with CAST’s procedures for processing Client/Partner contracts.
- Review/negotiate vendor/supplier contracts as needed.
- U.S. Company Secretary for Board and Stockholder meeting; additionally check on worldwide maintenance of minutes.
- Management of visa/immigration process. Actual visa/immigration filings handled by outside counsel.
- Create, maintain, monitor, and improve templates for employment offers and employment contracts.
- Other Projects as directed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Law degree.
- Significant knowledge of accounting rules for software. BS in Accounting or Finance with MBA are a plus.
- 15 + years in progressively responsible legal leadership roles, preferably in software or the systems integrator space or related industry.
- Solid knowledge of commercial law, particularly drafting and negotiation of Client and Partner agreements
- Strong attention to details a must.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Able to act autonomously with confidence in making decisions based on accurate and timely interpretation of terms and conditions
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to accommodate very late or very early meetings - the position has worldwide responsibility.
- Extremely smart and quick with a very positive, ‘can-do’ attitude combined with a sense of commitment.
- Strong work ethic, comfortable working in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is essential.
- Unquestionable integrity is a prerequisite.
- A positive personality generating energy in others by identifying issues and finding constructive solutions.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with employees in remote locations.
Apply for this opening