CAST is the market leader in Software Intelligence. Its unique technology thoroughly examines the structure of complex software systems, with MRI-like precision. It delivers accurate, actionable, and automated views of software architecture, critical flaws, quality grades, sizing metrics, open source usage, and cloud readiness levels. Hundreds of companies rely on CAST for greater objectivity in crucial business decisions, faster application modernization for Cloud, raising the quality and security of their custom software. CAST operates globally with offices in North America, Europe, India, China.
CAST wishes to recruit a Consultant for its Indian Center of Excellence (COE) which provides analysis and interpretation services for CAST Consultancy and CAST clients on a worldwide basis. These services include application assessments & audits, support for pilots as well as for providing CAST services to clients who prefer not to deploy CAST solutions themselves in their own environment. Furthermore, CAST COE will deliver specific development and maintenance services related to our solutions.
Title: Consultant, Managed Services India.
Reports to: Delivery Manager, Managed Services India (Bangalore office)
The Person: The successful candidate will be an intelligent, highly energetic self-starter with excellent communication, technical skills with a very solid technical background in the application development world.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Consultant will work on architecture/design and development programming practices of the applications. Consultants do the technical analysis on the applications in our COE. The work is mainly using the CAST’s software to perform the analysis and review the results further using your development knowledge and best practices of the programming world.
The candidate can also be required to develop tools around consulting capabilities using his own programming expertise to ease the consultant work. Also, it can be required that the consultant will be send to projects in India or outside India to support ongoing client activities such as training new Center of Excellence or coaching the COE Team or transitioning the analysis portfolio from Managed Services to COE.
- Responsible for regular analysis projects in the Center of Excellence. This includes Analysis on architecture/design and development programming practices
- Individual contributor from onboarding process till the final results are shared with the customer. Includes detailed configuration of the application in the CAST tool like dependencies between modules, identifying and configuring the analysis units using the application architecture documents, validating the dynamic links between the objects, configuring the transactions using the application discovery document to develop minor tools and utilities, which would help automate the existing processes and thus improve the efficiency
- Assigned to specific product configurations to support additional languages, or to improve the dependency accuracy
- Develop specific utilities to ease the analysis work and focus on key results of the analysis
- Contribute to the improvement of products through appropriate feedback to the R & D
- Make quality and productivity result analysis, then propose improvement plan
- Around 4 to 6 years of experience in software development / software maintenance projects
- Strong technical expertise and experience in J2EE and one of the common databases such as Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline; a second degree would be a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory for non-native English speakers (oral and written)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including an ability to communicate effectively at senior levels within client organizations
- Strong knowledge of the Application Development and Maintenance (ADM) ‘world’ is mandatory
- Ability to work independently toward stated business goals
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (approximately 10% travel anticipated)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com