Geneviève Guibout, Group Head of Legal
As a key member of the Management team, the Corporate Counsel, Software Licensing plays an important role in
ensuring adherence to CAST’s key terms and requirements for contracts with Clients/Partners as well as in
protecting CAST’s interests.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Prepare and/or review contracts of CAST’s existing and prospective Clients/Partners, mainly in the U.S, and
supporting other CAST affiliates across the world as needed.
- Negotiate, or provide guidance for negotiating, contract terms and conditions with Procurement and Legal
Departments of CAST’s existing and prospective Clients/Partners.
- Enforce adherence to CAST legal requirements in our licenses (and other contracts) with customers.
- Provide clarification on Client/Partner language as needed for CAST personnel.
- Participate in creation, maintenance, monitoring, and improvement of templates for Client/Partner contracts
(e.g. License & Support Agreement, Partnership Agreement, NDA, SaaS Agreement, Services Agreement) for the
- Stay informed on current and to-be-released products to ensure appropriate product descriptions and legal
terms are included in contracts.
- Maintain and improve compliance with CAST’s procedures for processing Client/Partner contracts and notably
make sure that the contracts executed by CAST U.S. entity are appropriately stored in our document
- Review/negotiate vendor/supplier contracts as needed.
- S. Company Secretary for Board and Stockholder meeting.
- Management of visa/immigration process in the U.S.
- Participate in creation, maintenance, monitoring, and improvement of templates for employment offers and
employment contracts in the U.S.
- Other Projects notably related to contract law, corporate law, insurance, litigation as directed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Law degree.
- Knowledge of accounting rules for software. BS in Accounting or Finance with MBA are a plus.
- 5+ years in law firms dealing with IT contracts or in companies preferably in software or the systems
integrator space or related industry.
- Solid knowledge of commercial law, particularly drafting and negotiation of Client and Partner agreements.
- Strong attention to details a must.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Able to act autonomously with confidence in making decisions based on accurate and timely interpretation of
terms and conditions.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to accommodate very late or very early meetings (to interact with other geographies) and to work in
a fast-paced environment.
- Very positive, ‘can-do’ attitude combined with a sense of commitment.
- Strong work ethic, comfortable working in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and
being a team member is essential.
- Unquestionable integrity is a prerequisite.
- Ability to identify issues / risks and find constructive solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and
with employees in remote locations.
Salary Range: $160,000-190,000 base plus bonus