As we come together to help those affected by recent global tensions, we have made a charitable donation of $10,000 to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) on behalf of the CAST community. We believe that our citizenship transcends geography and political borders as we are united within one, universal community.
CAST is proud to support an organization that values people and upholds their right to medical care regardless of gender, race, creed, religion or political affiliation. In over 60 countries around the world, MSF saves lives by providing medical aid where it is needed most — in armed conflicts, epidemics, natural disasters and other crises.
In 2014 alone, MSF medical teams:
- Conducted 8.25 million outpatient consultations
- Treated more than 2.1 million people for malaria
- Vaccinated almost 1.5 million against measles and more than 75,100 against meningitis
- Registered 229,900 HIV patients under care
- Provided over 200,000 mental health consultations
- Delivered 194,400 babies
- Performed more than 81,700 surgeries
- Treated 46,900 people for cholera
From treating nearly 5,000 Ebola patients in West Africa, providing medical care to Syrian refugees and helping those suffering mental health issues from increased violence in the West Bank, MSF operates more than 400 worldwide projects each year. It also advocates on behalf of those without heard voices across capitals to contest policies that potentially restrict access to essential medicines and shed light on neglected humanitarian issues.
We are grateful for the courageous service and dedication that MSF provides and the many other organizations that contribute to this worthy cause.
If you would like to also support MSF, please click here.