Welcome to the new podcast, Software Ate My Homework! On the pod, we will be exploring issues related to:
- Upholding software quality best practices
- Addressing technical debt in application modernization
- Reducing software risk while deploying at speed (i.e. implementing quality gates as part of Agile and DevOps processes)
- Getting the most value from cloud migration investments
- Strengthening application security training and development methodologies
In our first episode, Can Every Business Be Like Netflix?, we examine what enterprise dev teams can learn from digital-natives like Netflix and how these teams should balance release velocity, technical debt management and designing for functionality.
You can listen right here:
Netflix has a market cap that’s the envy of any large enterprise. By comparison, enterprise execs can feel that their IT organization just isn't measuring up to what Silicon Valley startups can deliver. As a part of this dynamic, release rate and cycle time have become key metrics for app dev organizations to demonstrate their success.
Organizations like DORA support this in their 2018 Accelerate State of DevOps Report. Their research concludes that higher rates of release improve system reliability, not diminish it. But where does this leave teams on technical debt reduction?
Listen now for our analysis. And as always, you can learn more and subscribe to the pod here! Happy listening, podsters.