CAST is the software intelligence category leader. CAST technology can see inside custom applications with MRI-like precision, automatically generating intelligence about their inner workings - composition, architecture, transaction flows, cloud readiness, structural flaws, legal and security risks. It’s becoming essential for faster modernization for cloud, raising the speed and efficiency of Software Engineering, better open source risk control, and accurate technical due diligence. CAST operates globally with offices in North America, Europe, India, China. Visit www.castsoftware.com.
We are looking for a Modernization & Cloud Migration Solution Architect for our Professional Services team. This role will help our consultants and partners shape and deliver modernization and move to cloud programs by leveraging our unique products like CAST Highlight and CAST Imaging.
You will have the opportunity to work on large-scale modernization projects with the main Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, and Google) and with the biggest System Integrators. You will be exposed to a variety of industries e.g. Finance, Insurance, Telco, Automotive, and Public Sector. You will also come across a large palette of technologies, ranging from monolith systems to the latest distributed technologies and frameworks. If you are looking to explore new technologies and help transform industries, we should talk.
As a Modernization & Cloud Migration Solution Architect, you will:
- Advise Cloud Service Provider / Partner / Client App Team Architects & Engineers on how to leverage CAST solutions on identifying modernization approach and scenarios
- Suggest best approach for modernization of a complex custom-built application in a move to cloud or on-premise context
- Help our partners interpret CAST results and create target architecture for custom-built applications and IT Systems; identify services decoupling candidates; suggest improvements to the target architecture
- Contribute to app modernization & migration customer/ partner events and communication to the CSPs
- Deliver product demonstrations at various phases of the sales cycle, showcasing product functionality, architecture, value, and impact to clients’ business.
- Contribute to client pre-sales app modernization solutioning, presentations, and preparation of CAST engagements in migration & app modernization projects with the CSPs
- Enablement and training of migration and application modernization SI partners of the CSPs on CAST solutions
- Gather feedback from the field (prospects, existing clients, and partners), collaborate with Product Management team, and make impact on the product roadmap
What You’ll Have
- 10+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect or Enterprise Architect, leading qualification, design, and development of custom software
- Experience in migration and modernization approach shaping, discovery, and profiling
- Experience in software design and implementation or integration of large application within a System Integrator
- Cloud migration experience and solutioning of application modernization
- Passion for the app dev world and desire to learn
- Experience in application development from methodologies (Agile, Lean) to technologies (microservices, cloud-based apps, serverless app) and in software solutions deployment at enterprise level
- Experience of working at/ with Cloud Service Providers as a customer or an SI partner, and understanding of their offerings, ways of working, and programs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to gain the confidence of both VP and C-level counterparts as well as the Development & Architecture leads at a client organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Technical Skills (any of these):
- Cloud technologies: IaaS and PaaS services of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud)
- Legacy: Cobol, IMS, CICS, PL/1, RPG
- COTS solutions: SAP, PeopleSoft, Siebel
- Database: Oracle, Postgresql, MSSQL, DB2, NoSQL
Salary Range: $140,000-180,000 on target earning