Automated Application Assessment
Organizations don’t have a clear understanding of their critical business applications. Years of work have gone into the applications that run organizations today, based on multiple technologies and languages, and built upon the intelligence of people who are most likely no longer part of the team. Because of this, IT managers need to find ways to gain visibility into these systems in order to ensure success.
Specifically, IT managers need to understand the fundamental state of the systems in place and what the inter-dependencies are across applications. Then, IT managers must effectively build a plan that serves as a guide on how to maintain key applications, mitigate risks and adapt easily to future development standards. These changes must simultaneously be ready to evolve as the industry moves into the future.
Quantifiable, objective application assessment
CAST Application Intelligence Platform (AIP) provides an objective and fact-based approach to deliver detailed intelligence to measure, monitor and control critical business applications. CAST's Application Assessment Services, is designed to uncover areas of concern including: high complexity, high risk and lack of adherence to architectural and coding documentation and security standards.
CAST AIP not only quantifies these areas of concern or the health factors, but also gives the IT team all necessary tools to proactively manage and improve the overall application quality:
- Identify the structural quality of an application, including any potential issues that affect its robustness, performance and security
Document the current status of the application and provide information critical to maintain and change it
- Prioritize any remediation of the issues with guidance, best practices and benchmarks
- Measure improvements in structural quality, which lead to health systems
Assessing the health, structural quality, complexity, maintainability and functional size of an application can be a daunting manual task that takes time and expert resources. However, Automated Application Assessment Services provide a huge and instant return on investment (ROI) by helping fix distressed projects or improve core business application assets.
- Identified at-risk applications based on industry standard metrics for quality and quantity
- Documented critical performance, quality and benchmark information on all applications in the portfolio
- Complete visibility into application's structure and inter-dependencies with other applications in the portfolio
- Deeper understanding of which applications are driving the cost of maintenance and why