Structural Quality Assessments
Your clients are increasingly pressured on all fronts when it comes to IT - software complexity continues to increase, rapidly changing business requirements force faster application evolution and global sourcing becomes more complicated to manage. All of this while keeping costs down and mitigating risks around production outages and poor application performance. At worst, it is a losing proposition for many IT departments; at best, it is a complex challenge that eats up resources and cycles.
At the heart of this challenge and subsequently of the biggest obstacles IT organization faces is getting a solid baseline of the code quality of their application portfolio. Specifically, where are the risk hot spots and what is causing them. This is typically costly manual process that takes more time than is available. This is where you enter - with an offering that is differentiated in its capability and immediately valuable in its deliverable. It will build client confidence, opening up the way for future business opportunities while giving you a high margin service
CAST's Structural Quality Assessment (SQA) offering for Partners is built upon the CAST Application Intelligence Platform. The SQA solution combines multi-tier system analysis, industry benchmarks and predictive analytics. It provides an overall health check of an application – giving your client a quality baseline of their application based on the aggregate measures of performance, security, robustness and maintainability.
SQA's can be used to take “snapshots” of at-risk applications to evaluate health and ensure their complexity and size are not getting out of hand. Your clients benefit from a preliminary and concrete diagnostic of their system through:
- Cost reduction – Identify and control the root causes of application costs
- Detailed, objective measures of application robustness, changeability, and transferability.
- Critical performance, quality and benchmark information on all applications in the portfolio
- Prioritized list of cost hotspots, drilling down to their root causes.
- Precise practical guidance to quickly plug cost drains at their source.
- A report listing the application’s cost drivers, quantifying their relative size, identifying the root causes of cost escalation risks, and practical guidance on how to significantly reduce operational costs.
- Risk Reduction - Identify and control the root causes of business disruption risk
- Detailed, objective measures of application performance, data security and robustness
- A prioritized list of business disruption hot spots, drilling down to their root causes
- Precise practical guidance to quickly reduce disruption risks at their source
- A report listing the application’s risk drivers, quantifying their relative size, identifying the root causes of disruption risks, and practical guidance on how to significantly reduce business disruption
Because the analysis is automated, you are able to produce high-quality, fact-based results in a limited amount of time - reducing your overall price for fixed-cost projects and improving overall margins. By carrying out a technical assessment on the applications' health, you are now in a better position to make concrete recommendations and help your clients in their upcoming technical projects spanning their entire portfolio such as: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Re-Engineering, Modernization, Migration, AD Governance or Application Outsourcing.
Your clients benefit from all-inclusive services with a high added-value. In return you get:
- Increase revenue-adding the Application Audit to your product list is a sure-fire way to grow revenue
- Differentiated offering-distinguished by the ability to gain deep insight into the key architectural characteristics that drive cost and risk
- Tactical way to penetrate new accounts & up-sell technical projects-powered by the synthesis of the insight from the audit
- Higher business margins-deeper insight allows for high value and higher margin services